Position Overview: The Grounds Team Leader is responsible for the overall maintenance of campus grounds, assist with assigning the activities of grounds employees and acts as the liaison of contract service functions, related to the Grounds Department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with the administrative duties of the Grounds Department including budgeting and purchasing of equipment/supplies.
- Assist with interviewing and hiring of staff, employee coaching, counseling, performance appraisals, terminations, and contract administration.
- On-boarding and training of assigned employees on the use of the equipment, safety standards and policies.
- Recommend, purchase, plant and tend to flowers, shrubs and other ornamental decorations.
- Supervise and assist in all operations of the Grounds Department including maintaining of all lawns, trees, gardens, irrigation system, shrubbery, plants and ponds.
- Co-manage the Grounds building and office facilities with the Facilities Engineering Supervisor.
- Maintain all parking areas, exterior signs, perimeter fencing.
- Maintaining all associated equipment and machinery.
- Assisting residents with gardening needs.
- Cleaning of all exterior windows and doors as needed (excluding apartment windows).
- Removing snow and ice from roads and walks.
- Planning, purchasing and coordinating seasonal decorating.
- Caring for interior foliage plants as needed.
- Exterior trash removal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.